Thursday, February 17, 2005

Roto League Year #2

I will be running a Rotissere style fantasy baseball league again this year. My second place (or was it 3rd?) finish will be avenged. Prior deciding to sit on the disable list most of the year and Johan Santana throwing like Farnsworth will not hold me back again, lol!

Again I ask for people who will stick around for the whole season and who will show up on draft day. Draft day is a hell of a lot more fun when 80+% of the owners show up and you get to mock each other for the dumb draft picks they make.

Scoring positions -
1 - Catcher
1 - 1b
1 - 2b
1 - 3b
1 - ss
1 - inf
3 - OF
1 - any batter

4 - Starting pitchers
2 - bullpen
2 - any type pitcher

2 - DL spots
6 - Bench

Categories being scored in - R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Got some negative categories to watch out for. K's for hitters and BB for pitchers. Also I like to incorporate holds into the picture to make super setup men a valuable player to have. Last year I had Francisco Rodriguez and Brad Lidge, those 2 guys gave me 280 SO's for about 178 innings of work.

Draft day as usual will fall on a weekend. Sunday, March 27th at 12:45 P.M. is draft day. Leave a comment if your interested, again only serious players who will play the entire season. I will give out league ID and password individually.

Thank god Spring Training is finally upon us!